What is Miraa House?
Situated in the Western Suburbs of Brisbane, Miraa House is an exclusive all-female, non-for-profit unique life skills learning centre, for women with an intellectual disability.
What do we offer?
Offering premium structured life skills courses under the NDIS system, Miraa House works in small groups (1:3 ratio), to provide engaging and meaningful centre-based and community activities. Miraa House provides it’s participants the opportunity to continue learning beyond high school and further develop their social and emotional skills.
Our vision is to provide learning for life, Making Independence Real And Achievable.
With confidence, our participants can enhance their lives and enjoy the challenges.
There is no greater gift in life than health, friendship, security, and a sense of belonging.
Our mission is to develop girls into ladies today, and ladies into independent women tomorrow.
Every woman throughout her journey at Miraa House, will be empowered and inspired to reach her individual goals.
We welcome you to Miraa House, feel free to explore.
Developed by qualified professionals, our programs are structures to enable each individual to work towards their personal goals through identifying strengths, limitations, and developing decision-making skills.
- Setting daily goals
- Discussing daily intensions
- Aligning focus
- Engaging in outdoor activities
- Reflecting on achievements
- Improving upon moods
- Encouraging self-expression
- Helping to reduce stress
- Exploring personal identity
- Understanding personal rights
- Establishing values
- Setting career goals
- Understanding workplace dress code
- Volunteering opportunities
- Exploring self-awareness
- Managing different emotions
- Understanding different relationships
- Coping with heightened emotions
- Developing response strategies and
- Breathing techniques and meditation
- Practising personal care
- Maintaining a home and daily
- Working towards independent living
- Learning to budget
- Understanding road safety
- Utilising public transport
- Practising hygiene skills
- Understanding food safety
- Implementing meal plans
- Practising nutrition education and
- Increasing confidence in healthy
- Growing and maintaining a vegetable
- Learning connections between
healthy diets and physical activity
- Understanding the benefits of
- Taking part in light movements
Please contact the team at Miraa House if you have any questions, or if you would like to book an appointment to take a tour of Miraa House / Miraa Home.